L’Oréal Professionnel has worked closely with the Fashion in Motion events since their inception, with Andrea Daley heading up the hair team. Recently, L’Oréal worked on a show with Minju Kim, creating looks to showcase her joyful and bold style.
The first inaugural winner of Netflix’s Next in Fashion, Korea based designer Minju Kim launched her brand in 2015 after winning the H&M Design Award. Having studied at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, she was also a semi-finalist in the LVMH Prize for young fashion designers. Her signature style blends youthful playfulness and avant-garde Haute Couture, with bold shapes and feminine characteristics.
Get the look with Andrea Daley for L’Oréal Professionnel:
This look has all the elements of beautiful, feminine hair, but with an added edgy twist. Inspired by macrame and Korean knots, you can be as creative as you like with a variety of braiding techniques on show. Adaptable for most hair lengths and textures, this is a perfect hair up for festivals as the ‘mix and match’ braids allow for multiple styles from one look.
1.Prep the hair using L’Oréal Professionnel TECNIART Pli to give a malleable texture without compromising on shine.
2. Part the hair in the centre, from hairline to nape. Then subdivide the back into four sections (top right finishing just above the ear, top left just to the middle of the ear). Make sure the partings are obviously asymmetric to recreate the look.
3. Split the right-hand side into two ponytails. The top should be high, whilst the lower one secured at the nape to exaggerate the difference in balance. The top pony is then twisted into a short rope braid with the majority of the length left out. The below ponytail is plaited but intertwining the length of the rope twist.
4. On the left-hand side, scalp braid from the hairline to the middle of the ear and then plait off. The underneath section should be braided into a skinny plait.
5. In front of the ear and on the hairline, the baby hair can be loosely released, using the palm of the hand for a softer edge.
6. Smooth the tails of each braid and the loose hairlines, using the L’Oréal Professionnel Steampod for a glass like finish.
For related articles, click here