The very best of British hairdressing talent was celebrated in December at HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards 2021, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional.
The prestigious black tie event took place on Monday 29th November at Grosvenor House, a J W Marriott Hotel in London’s Park Lane, with winners receiving their awards in front of a 1,400 strong audience of hairdressing peers, influencers and press.
The awards – now in their 37th year – are a celebration of hairdressing excellence, recognising the outstanding achievements of stylists from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The competition is fiercely contested over two rounds and requires entrants to submit a photographic collection showcasing their expertise, both in terms of technical skill and creative ability.
Categories acknowledge the best hairdressers from nine British regions, as well as standout talent in eight specialist categories including Afro, Men’s, Avant Garde and Colour Technician. The biggest award of the event – British Hairdresser of the Year* – is by nomination only and widely regarded as the greatest accolade in the industry. Robert Eaton scooped the title – the second time this business owner from Leeds & Barnsley has been crowned British Hairdresser of the Year. Robert represents a range of outstanding hairdressing skills with his entry collection, and in winning he beat strong competition from 9 other hairdressers who are leading names in the industry.
HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards 2021 sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional
Specialist Category Winners 2021:
- British Hairdresser of the Year: Robert Eaton, Russell Eaton
- Afro Hairdresser of the Year: Rick Roberts, Rick Roberts Hair
- Artistic Team of the Year: EGO Hair Design
- Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year: Sylvestre Finold, Toni&Guy Wimbledon
- Men’s Hairdresser of the Year: Caroline Sanderson & Barry Lachlan, EGO Hair Design
- Newcomer of the Year: Abbie Johnson, Mark Leeson
- Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year: Siobhan Haug, Toni&Guy
- Trend Image of the Year: Sharon Malcolm, Sharon Malcolm Hairdressing
- International Collection of the Year: Pavel Okhapkin, Fashion Hair Studio
Regional Winners 2021
- Eastern Hairdresser of the Year: Olivia Binch, Mark Leeson
- London Hairdresser of the Year: Daniele De Angelis, Toni&Guy Shoreditch
- Midlands Hairdresser of the Year: Shaun Hall, Mark Leeson
- North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year: Jonathan Turner, Hooker & Young
- North Western Hairdresser of the Year: Lynsey Harrison, Renaissance Hair & Beauty
- Northern Ireland Hairdresser of the Year: Sharon Malcolm, Sharon Malcolm Hairdressing
- Scottish Hairdresser of the Year: Caroline Sanderson & Barry Lachlan, EGO Hair Design
- Southern Hairdresser of the Year: Marcus Giamattei, Marc Antoni
- Wales & South West Hairdresser of the Year: Alison Adams & Martene Mallett, MODE Hair
Hall of Fame 2021: Winning the same category three times:
- Andrea Giles & Terri Kay, Mark Leeson
- Lisa Graham & Joseph I’Anson, Mark Leeson
- Julie Cherry, Shane Bennett Salon