In light of the upcoming festive season, we caught up with party-hair professional Jack Merrick-Thirlway – the Creative Director at Neville Hair and Beauty – to learn exactly how to style his glamorous party looks.
In a throwback to October’s Paris Haute Couture, Jack was the artistic stylist behind French fashion designer Julien Fournié’s AW22 chic and shimmering runway hair. Taking inspiration from this catwalk collection with L’Oréal Professionnel, Jacks runs us through the products and processes needed to create the perfect Christmas styles.
How to get the look:
- Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Pli to damp hair and rough dry to 70-80% using a soft brush.
- Section hair into small sections and blow-dry using a round brush, wrapping the hair around the brush until completely dry.
- Once each section is dry, add large rollers and clip into place.
- When all the hair is in rollers, spray with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium Spray.
- Apply heat all over with a diffuser and leave to cool down.
- Once completely cooled, release silver clips.
- Using a shot of cold air from the hairdryer, release the curls to create natural volume.
- Use fingers to separate and dress.
Photos by Ambra Vernuccio