With Barbie and blondeness having been unquestionably synonymous since the dawn of time, it is unsurprising that leading actress Margot Robbie showcased a brighter, blonder, Barbie-r look for the red-carpet premier in London last week. We sat down with her celebrity colourist, Jacob Schwartz, to find out exactly how he created the look using Schwarzkopf Professional and BLONDME.
“I really wanted Margot’s blonde to embody Barbie on the red carpet without it being too obvious and over bleached. I wanted it to sparkle when the light hits her hair, and bounce like those legendary blonde supermodels and actresses of the 90s”.
1.Babylight Technique with BLONDME by Schwarzkopf Pro
- Using fine weaves, highlight the hair using a babylight technique with BLONDME Premium Lightener 9+ with 6%/20volume BLONDME Premium Developer, this will create even lift whilst still protecting the bonds in the hair. I like that the BLONDME Developers have a higher level of care ingredients inside the bottle, as it helps to also protect the cuticle during development.
2. BLONDME Care for Golden Light Blonde
- Lift to a golden light blonde and then cleanse the hair using the BLONDME All Blondes Rich Shampoo and BLONDME All Blondes Rich Conditioner. This will help to build new bonds in the hair and prepare it for an even toning application.
3. Adding shine with IGORA VIBRANCE
- On damp hair, apply Schwarzkopf Professional IGORA VIBRANCE to tone the blonde and add shine. Use 9-0 around the hairline to maintain brightness and 7-0 for a shadow root on the top half of the head, as well as this use 6-0 underneath the crown mixed with 1.9%/6-Volume Activator Gel for extra depth at the base. I like that IGORA Vibrance is Alkaline as I find it gives better penetration and longevity.
- For the mid-lengths and ends, apply a mixture of IGORA VIBRANCE 9-0+9-4+8-46 with equal parts 1.9% / 6-Volume Activator Gel to create a beautiful lived-in warm blonde tone.
- Develop for 15 to 20 minutes
4. Perfect blonde finish with BLONDME
- Carefully rinse the deeper base colour, ensuring you are holding the lighter pieces up to maintain brightness on the ends. Finish with another shampoo, before conditioning with the BLONDME All Blondes Rich Shampoo and BLONDME All Blondes Rich Conditioner to seal the colour and rebuild strength in the hair.
Take a look at 𝕁𝕒𝕔𝕠𝕓 𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕫 (@jacobschwartzhair) | Instagram to learn more about the looks.
For related articles, click here