5 STEPS BY JUNIOR STYLIST AMY WILKINSON:
• Determination – if you know you want to become a hairdresser, put everything into your dream.
• Listen and learn – to succeed as an apprentice you have to have your eyes and ears open to learn from all of the amazing skills around you.
• Give everything you do 150% – not 100%, more! To be the best, you have to be the best!
• Practice makes perfect – it takes time, but eventually you will get there!
• Persistence – of course some days will be hard, but stay persistent in your endeavours.
5 STEPS BY FOUNDER OF HNB SALON STEPH STEVENSON:
• Enjoy the ride – You will meet some amazing people, you’ll be able to travel the world for work and always earn a living.
• Understand the financial journey – Think long term – managers today stand to make £35k a year.
• Be flexible – The role offers flexible working hours – so you can use it to suit other priorities in your life.
• Make a name for yourself – and the opportunities to do photoshoots will come.
• Job satisfaction – hairdressing is voted one of the happiest industries to work in thanks to its creativity and social aspects.